Are you sending out a properly formatted press release?
Correct formatting can make or break your next press release in the eyes of the media. Based on time-tested traditions that reach all the way back into the day of the telegram, here are 9 crucial (yet simple) tips for formatting a proper press release that get taken seriously.
- Always use bold & cap case Letters on All of the Key Words in the Header.
- Always underline the header.
- Try and fit header on one line.
- Try starting the press release with a question you can answer within the content.
- Try adding teaser content in the first paragraph followed by the rest of press release content.
- Do not use big images. Instead link to downloadable images.
- Don’t use a lot of extra colors for links or call out text. Keep it simple on the eyes.
- Link images back to the website.
- Always end a press release with the symbol: -###-
Professional Copy Writing Services
Looking for professional press release writing services? Tsunami Publicity will occasionally provide copy writing services. Contact our marketing department for more information.